This trick gets you immediate content to discuss, and then X new drawings (whereas X is the class size) used for other input-based activities.
- Get a picture.
- Crop it.
- Make copies, and have students draw the missing parts.
- Project several drawings, and describe them.
- Write & Discuss (or type up on your own)
- Print and give to students to read (i.e. up to a complete Free Voluntary Reading (FVR) packet of drawings and descriptions).
- Project as Timed Write prompt (i.e. “Write a story about…”
- Print and give to students to read (i.e. up to a complete FVR packet of drawings and descriptions).
- Flyswatter Picture Talk (using two drawings side-by-side)